Summer Celebration on August 10
- You’re invited to the Great Scottish Summer Celebration, a fundraiser for the McMath Scholarship for Scottish Studies at IUPUI. (No RSVP needed.) The celebration takes the place of our regular monthly program. Again this year, the Great Scottish Summer Celebration will be held at the Latvian Center, 1008 W 64th Street. Weather permitting, we will be in the pavilion; alternate location is the great hall.
- Dinner will be provided by the Society and will include side dishes and cookies for dessert. You only need to bring yourselves and your choice of beverage! Our Scotch whisky bar and the Latvian Center bar will be open too.
- Joining the Scottish Society of Indianapolis will be members of the Fountain Trust Pipe Band to debut some new songs!
- A cover charge of only $5 for members and guests will be donated to the scholarship fund. We will hold our ‘usual’ 50/50 raffle and you could win 50% of the money raised! The remaining 50% supports the scholarship fund. Plus, bid on a variety of silent auction items, (see list below) with proceeds supporting the scholarship fund.
Order of Events
5:30 PM Arrive for social time, Silent Auction opens
6:00 PM Parade of flags and Introductions
6:15 PM Piper calls to dinner
6:50 PM Announcements
7:00 PM Pipers from Fountain Trust Pipe Band
7:30 PM Silent Auction closes
7:45 PM Announcement of Silent Auction winners
Silent Auction Items (partial list)
- Eiteljorg admission tickets
- Indianapolis Zoo admission tickets
- Sun King private tour, gift basket
- Peoples Brewing gift basket
- Mudbugs gift basket
- IUPUI swag
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway/Nascar admission vouchers
- Glenmorangie whisky
- Tartan kilts
- Tartan purse